|Don't panic and keep your hair on your head!|
Here is how to update the database manually:
1) Download the antivirus databases - "bases.cav"
2) Startup your Windows PC in "Safe Mode"
During the restart, press and hold F8.
You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears.
3) Open the folder
C:\Program files\comodo\comodo internet security\scanners
4) Rename the file called "bases.cav" to "bases.old" (don't use the quotes!)
5) Copy the downloaded file in step 1 to the location in step 3
6) Shutdown and restart your PC in normal mode.
7) If all is working fine, now you can delete the "bases.old" in step 4
8) But if something goes wrong, do this:
- repeat steps 2 and 3
- delete bases.cav
- rename bases.old back to bases.cav
- reboot and you are back to the starting point again.
Click here for a comodo: bases.cav